ADocPR

CALENDARIO

Back to All Events

Convocatoria: HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production Support / Huber Bals Fund

HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production Support

Through HBF+Europe: Minority Co-production support, the Hubert Bals Fund aims to encourage European producers to participate as a minority co-producer in high-quality film projects by filmmakers from Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Eastern Europe. HBF+Europe is supported by the Creative Europe - MEDIA programme of the European Union. For upcoming application deadlines, please see here

HBF+Europe has also offered HBF+Europe: Distribution support in the past years. This scheme offered financial support to the distribution of feature films by filmmakers from Africa, Asia, Latin America and parts of Eastern Europe, to stimulate the promotion and circulation of international co-productions in Europe and beyond. This scheme has been discontinued per 2018.

Minority co-production support

HBF+Europe offers minority co-production support to European producers to participate in high-quality feature films by talented filmmakers from countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Eastern Europe.

  • The scheme has a special spotlight on first and second feature films, but is also open to films by filmmakers more advanced in their career
  • The funding is designed for international co-productions, in which at least one European and one non-European producer is involved
  • The European producer should be the applicant and will conclude the funding agreement
  • Only 25% of the HBF+Europe funding has to be spent in Europe, the other 75% can be spent elsewhere
  • The scheme is especially designed to encourage European producers from countries with limited co-production schemes to participate
  • Upcoming deadlines can be found here

The maximum amount awarded per project is €52,000. For past selections please see HBF Results.

HUBERT BALS

The Hubert Bals Fund is designed to help remarkable or urgent feature films by innovative and talented filmmakers from Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and parts of Eastern Europe on their road to completion. It provides grants in various categories that often turn out to play a crucial role in enabling these filmmakers to realise their projects.

 

https://iffr.com/en/hbf-deadlines